R.I.E. Services has been the main Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) contractor on site since 2009. The company has conducted over 60 000 man hours with all work LTI and incident free.
RiE provided four I&E technicians for the minor 2-week outage in 2009. The scope included the calibration of instruments, valves, fault finding and repairing issues that could not be done online.
For the 2011 Major Outage RiE Supplied five E&I Technicians to conduct calibrations and rectification work. The company also supplied 10 electricians to carry out a number of upgrades to the plant. This included the soot blower project, HV switchgear modifications, new instrumentation installation to the boiler and E&I modifications that could not be done with the plant online.
Data and Fibre Optics
The company has provided data and fibre optic support to the power station since 2010
RiE has carried out a number of major projects at the power station.
- 2010-2011 CHP Upgrade involved 8 Electricians for 6 months to install a new ABON 250 kW Primary Coal Sizer and chute system at the grizzly tower. The scope also included the installation of a variable chute system at the coal handling plant.
- Overhaul office power upgrade included the installation and termination of new sub mains (240mm2 SDI) to portable office at a length of 400m.
- Power outlet upgrade to filter house building included 300 metres of sub mains and various 3-phase outlet installation.
- Ash analyzer upgrade scope included the power, control and fibre optic installation for the new analyzer and commissioning support.
- Control and protection upgrade of conveyor system. This included the installation of a series of tilt switches, belt drift switches and speed controllers.